In the process of using acid copper plating solution, because the composition of acid copper plating solution is relatively simple, the plating solution is stable, and no harmful gas is generated during the production process,and can obtain full-bright copper plating with good leveling performance.So, what are the components of the plating solution when using an acid copper plating solution?
Bigolly Technology has analyzed the characteristics of the acid copper plating solution Cu-510 based on the field experience and the characteristics of the product. The components of the plating solution mainly include the following six:
1. Copper sulfate: Copper sulfate is the source of copper ions in the plating solution.If the copper content in the bath is too low, it is easy to cause scorching in the high-potential region; if the copper content is too high, copper sulfate may crystallize and cause anodic polarization.
2. Sulfuric acid: Sulfuric acid can improve the conductivity of the plating solution,When the sulfuric acid content is insufficient, the voltage of the plating tank increases, and the coating is easily scorched; when the sulfuric acid content is too much, the anode may be passivated.
3. Chloride ion: As a catalyst, chloride ion can help the additive to plate a smooth, bright and tight coating.If the chloride ion content is too low, the coating is prone to concave and convex dendritic stripes in the high and medium potential regions, and foggy deposition in the low potential region;When the chloride ion content is too high, the brightness and leveling of the coating are poor, the coating has sharp burrs, and copper chloride will be formed on the surface of the anode, forming a gray-white film, lead to anode passivation.
4. Acid copper plating solution Cu-510Mu: Provides grain refinement, low-level dispersion and wetting.When Cu-510Mu is insufficient, dendritic streaks appear at the high and medium potential of the coating;too much low potential of Cu-510Mu will produce foggy deposition and slow light output.
5. Acid copper plating solution Cu-510A: Provide low-level brightness and leveling and wide temperature effects.When the content of Cu-510A is too low, the deposition speed is slow, the brightness is poor, the low potential is poor, and the filling is poor;However, when Cu-510A is excessive, the deposition rate of the high and medium potential of the plated part is very fast, and even burnt copper particles, streaks, and low-potential position differences appear on the edge of the high-potential, and there is no filling effect.
6. Acid copper plating solution Cu-510B: Provides grain refinement, low dispersion and wetting, as well as bright and leveling in high and middle areas.When the Cu-510B content is insufficient, the coating will have poor leveling at high potential, poor brightness, burnt or streaks, and white fog will appear at low potential;However, when the Cu-510B is excessive, the deposition rate of the coating is slow, the brightness is poor, and there is blue fog, which will cause serious fogging and dullness at low potential.
Therefore, in the production process of using acid copper plating solution, we have a certain understanding of the composition and function of each component in the plating solution, in order to effectively reduce the failure rate and improve production efficiency.